Import Item Receipts into QuickBooks Desktop
Import Item Receipts from Supported File Formats directly into QuickBooks Desktop using SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) - #1 user rated and Intuit trusted bulk data automation tool built exclusively for QuickBooks.
Steps to Import Item Receipts into QuickBooks
Importing with SaasAnt Transaction is a breeze with our simplified and powerful Import wizard. Just follow a simple 3 step process to bulk import your file data to QuickBooks.
Click Import button in the Dashboard screen or Import option from the File menu in the menubar to navigate to File Selection screen of the Import wizard(Step 1).
- Step 1 - File Selection: Select "QuickBooks Transaction Type" as "Item Receipt". "Select Your File" - You can either click "Browse File" to browse and select the file from local computer folder or click "Sample Templates" to navigate to SaasAnt sample file in local.
- Step 2 - Mapping: Set up the mapping of the file columns corresponding to QuickBooks fields. This step will be automated for you if you use the SaasAnt template file. Download Sample Template file.
- Step 3 - Review & Import: Review your file data in the Review Grid screen and click "Send to QuickBooks" to upload your file data to QuickBooks.
More detailed instruction of the steps are available in this article.
Mapping QuickBooks Fields
|Reference No||Text (Max Length: 20 Characters)||Reference number for the transaction.By default, this value is used only for internal processing by SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop), and QuickBooks auto-generates a new value. This can be changed in the import settings.|
|Vendor *||Reference Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Vendor reference from below options.|
Vendor Look up Strategies with Import Settings- Full Name, First Name, Company Name, Account NO., Tax Id, Custom Field, Look up
|Currency||Text||The Currency Code for this Bill Payment.|
|Date||Date||The date entered by the user when this transaction occurred.|
|AP Account||Reference Text (Max Length: 159 Characters)||Account payable.|
|Memo||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)||Note about the item receipt.|
|Exchange Rate||Decimal||The Exchange Rate of the given currency against the home currency.|
|Product/Service *||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Item reference from below options.|
Item Look up Strategies with Import Settings- Full Name, Custom Field, Look up
|Inventory Site||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)|
|Inventory BIN||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)|
|Product/Service Quantity||Decimal||The Quantity of the Item.|
|Product/Service Rate **||Decimal||The unit price of the Item.|
|Product/Service Amount *||Decimal||The Total Amount of the Item. Not required if Line Item Quantity & Line Item Rate are present.|
|Serial No||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)|
|Lot No||Text (Max Length: 40 Characters)|
|Product/Service Description||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)||Description of the Item.|
|Unit Of Measure||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)|
|Product/Service Customer||Reference Text (Max Length: 209 Characters)||The Customer name for the Item. |
Customer reference from below options.
Customer Look up Strategies with Import Settings- Full Name, First Name, Company Name, Account NO., Resale NO., Custom Field, Look up
|Product/Service Billable||Billable, NotBillable, HasBeenBilled|
|Product/Service Sales Rep||Reference Text (Max Length: 5 Characters)|
|Product/Service Class||Reference Text (Max Length: 159 Characters)|
|Tax Inclusive||Boolean (True/False)|
Applicable only for QuickBooks Canada, UK versions
|Tax calculation method.|
All (*) marked fields are mandatory.
A host of powerful customisations for your file data is available with Import Settings. This is available in the Step 3: Review & Import screen or directly under "Edit" Menu in the menubar. Some of the very useful settings for transaction includes:
- Find Matching Transactions in QuickBooks by: Identifier to locate existing transactions in your QuickBooks.
- Action When a Matched Transaction Found: If an existing transaction is found for the above setting identifier then the corresponding action to be taken. You can choose to Duplicate/ Ignore/ Update/ Append existing transaction in your QuickBooks.
- Pre-Import Validation: Validate the complete file before importing to QuickBooks. By turning this setting ON, file rows will be imported only after cleaning up all the issues in file. This option however will delay the import.
More details about the settings related to Automatic creation of Items, Assigning reference number from the file, etc are available in this article.
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- I want to import Item Receipts with Receipts Numbers from File. Is it supported?
Yes. It is supported.
- Will your application support Multi Line Transactions?
Yes. It will.Same Receipts Number needs to be used in multiple lines.
- I made some mistakes in the Import and my QuickBooks reports got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert my Import?
It is possible to undo the import completely/ partially with the Delete feature.
- Does your app support taxes?
Yes. It does.
- I don't want to create Products,Vendors or Customers automatically for my Item Receipts. I can't create Products,Vendors or Customers before each upload. Is it supported?
Yes. It is. You can auto-create unavailable products/ services Or turn this setting off in the import settings.
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement in the import settings.
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample Template
- What are the file types supported by your application?
TXT, CSV, XLS, XLSX etc. Supported File Formats
- How do I report the issues if I am stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org