Import Bill Payments from Supported File Formats directly into QuickBooks Desktop using SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) - #1 user rated and Intuit trusted bulk data automation tool built exclusively for QuickBooks.
SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) supports QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise and Accountant Editions.
Basic Import Steps
Importing with SaasAnt Transaction is a breeze with our simplified and powerful Import wizard. Just follow a simple 3 step process to bulk import your file data to QuickBooks.
Click Import button in the Dashboard screen or Import option from the File menu in the menubar to navigate to File Selection screen of the Import wizard(Step 1).
- Step 1 - File Selection: Select "QuickBooks Transaction Type" as "Bill Payment". "Select Your File" - You can either click "Browse File" to browse and select the file from local computer folder or click "Sample Templates" to navigate to SaasAnt sample file in local.
- Step 2 - Mapping: Set up the mapping of the file columns corresponding to QuickBooks fields. This step will be automated for you if you use the SaasAnt template file. Download Sample Template file.
- Step 3 - Review & Import: Review your file data in the Review Grid screen and click "Send to QuickBooks" to upload your file data to QuickBooks.
More detailed instruction of the steps are available in this article.
Mapping QuickBooks Fields
|Payment No/Check No||Text (Max Length: 11 Characters)||Reference number for the transaction. By default, this value is used only for internal processing by SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop), and QuickBooks auto-generates a new value. This can be changed in the import settings.|
|Payee *||Reference Text (Max Length: 209 Characters)||Vendor reference from below options.|
Vendor Look up Strategies with Import Settings- Full Name, First Name, Company Name, Account NO., Tax Id, Custom Field, Look up
|Date||Date||The date entered by the user when this transaction occurred.|
|Currency||Text||The Currency Code for this Bill Payment.|
|AP Account||Reference Text (Max Length: 159 Characters)|
|Bank Account *||Reference Text (Max Length: 159 Characters)||Name or Account Number of the bank account.|
|Credit Card Account *||Reference Text (Max Length: 159 Characters)||Name or Account Number of the Credit card Account.|
|Bill No *||The reference number of the bill being paid.|
|Amount *||Decimal||The total Amount of the Bill Payment.|
|Discount Account||Reference Text (Max Length: 159 Characters)||Name or Account Number of the GL Discount Account.|
|Discount Class||Reference Text (Max Length: 159 Characters)|
|Memo||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)||Note about the bill payment.|
|Exchange Rate||Decimal||The Exchange Rate of the given currency against the home currency.|
|To Be Printed||Boolean (True/False)||The Print Status of the Bill Payment.|
All (*) marked fields are mandatory.
A host of powerful customisations for your file data is available with Import Settings. This is available in the Step 3: Review & Import screen or directly under "Edit" Menu in the menubar. Some of the very useful settings for transaction includes:
- Find Matching Transactions in QuickBooks by: Identifier to locate existing transactions in your QuickBooks.
- Action When a Matched Transaction Found: If an existing transaction is found for the above setting identifier then the corresponding action to be taken. You can choose to Duplicate/ Ignore/ Update/ Append existing transaction in your QuickBooks.
- Pre-Import Validation: Validate the complete file before importing to QuickBooks. By turning this setting ON, file rows will be imported only after cleaning up all the issues in file. This option however will delay the import.
More details about the settings related to Automatic creation of Items, Assigning reference number from the file, etc are available in this article.
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- I want to import Payments with "Payment No" from File. Is it supported?
Yes. It is supported.
- Will your application support Multi Line Transactions?
Yes. It will. Same "Payment No" needs to be used to group the bill payments.
- I made some mistakes in the Import and my QuickBooks reports got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert my Import?
It is possible to undo the import completely/ partially with the Delete feature.
- Does your app support taxes?
Yes. It does.
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement in the import settings.
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample Template
- What are the file types supported by your application?
TXT, CSV, XLS, XLSX etc. Supported File Formats
- How do I report the issues if I am stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to email@example.com