Import Deposits into QuickBooks Desktop
Import Deposits from Supported File Formats directly into QuickBooks Desktop using SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) - #1 user rated and Intuit trusted bulk data automation tool built exclusively for QuickBooks.
SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) supports QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and Accountant Editions.
Steps to Import Deposits into QuickBooks Desktop
Importing with SaasAnt Transaction is a breeze with our simplified and powerful Import wizard. Just follow a simple 3 step process to bulk import your file data to QuickBooks.
Click the Import button in the Dashboard screen or Import option from the File menu in the menubar to navigate to the File Selection screen of the Import Wizard (Step 1).
- Step 1 - File Selection: Select "QuickBooks Transaction Type" as "Deposit". "Select Your File" - You can either click "Browse File" to browse and select the file from the local computer folder or click "Sample Templates" to navigate to SaasAnt sample file local.
- Step 2 - Mapping: Set up the mapping of the file columns corresponding to QuickBooks fields. This step will be automated for you if you use the SaasAnt template file. Download the Sample Template file.
- Step 3 - Review & Import: Review your file data in the Review Grid screen and click "Send to QuickBooks" to upload your file data to QuickBooks.
More detailed instructions on the steps are available in this article.
Mapping QuickBooks Fields
|Deposit No||Text||Reference number for the transaction|
|Deposit Date||Date||Date of the transaction.|
|Deposit To Account||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Bank Account to which the amount comes in.|
|Received From||Reference Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Customer or Vendor or Employee|
|Payment Reference Number||Reference Text||Linked Payment transaction reference number|
|From Account||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Source account|
|Deposit Memo||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)|
|Check No||Text (Max Length: 11 Characters)||Check number corresponding to the deposit line|
|Memo||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)|
|Payment Method||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Mode of payment|
|Class||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Class reference to this deposit line|
|Cash Back Account||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)|
|Cash Back Amount||Decimal|
|Cash Back Memo||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)|
|Currency||Text||Reference to the Currency in which all amounts on the associated transaction are expressed|
|Exchange Rate||Decimal||Default is 1, applicable if multi-currency is enabled for the company.|
The number of home currency units it takes to equal one unit of currency specified under Currency
All (*) marked fields are mandatory.
A host of powerful customizations for your file data is available with Import Settings. This is available in Step 3: Review & Import screen or directly under "Edit" Menu in the menubar. Some of the very useful settings for transaction includes:
- Find Matching Transactions in QuickBooks by: Identifier to locate existing transactions in your QuickBooks.
- Action When a Matched Transaction Found: If an existing transaction is found for the above setting identifier then the corresponding action to be taken. You can choose to Duplicate/ Ignore/ Update/ Append existing transaction in your QuickBooks.
- Pre-Import Validation: Validate the complete file before importing to QuickBooks. By turning this setting ON, file rows will be imported only after cleaning up all the issues in file. This option however will delay the import.
More details about the settings related to Automatic creation of Items, Assigning reference number from the file, etc are available in this article.
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- Will your application support Multi Line Transactions?
Yes. It will.
- I made some mistakes in the Import and my QuickBooks reports got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert my Import?
It is possible to undo the import completely/ partially with the Delete feature.
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement in the import settings.
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample Template
- What are the file types supported by your application?
TXT, CSV, XLS, XLSX etc. Supported File Formats
- How do I report the issues if I am stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org