Import invoices from Supported File Formats directly into QuickBooks Desktop using SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) - #1 user rated and Intuit trusted bulk data automation tool built exclusively for QuickBooks.
SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) supports QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise and Accountant Editions.
Basic Import Steps
Importing with SaasAnt Transaction is a breeze with our simplified and powerful Import wizard. Just follow a simple 3 step process to bulk import your file data to QuickBooks.
Click Import button in the Dashboard screen or Import option from the File menu in the menubar to navigate to File Selection screen of the Import wizard(Step 1).
- Step 1 - File Selection: Select "QuickBooks Transaction Type" as "Invoice". "Select Your File" - You can either click "Browse File" to browse and select the file from local computer folder or click "Sample Templates" to navigate to SaasAnt sample file in local.
- Step 2 - Mapping: Set up the mapping of the file columns corresponding to QuickBooks fields. This step will be automated for you if you use the SaasAnt template file. Download Sample Template file.
- Step 3 - Review & Import: Review your file data in the Review Grid screen and click "Send to QuickBooks" to upload your file data to QuickBooks.
More detailed instruction of the steps are available in this article.
Mapping QuickBooks Fields
|Invoice No||Text (Max Length: 11 Characters)||Reference number for the transaction. By default, this value is used only for internal processing by SaasAnt Transactions , and QuickBooks auto-generates a new value. This can be changed in the import settings.|
|Customer *||Reference Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Reference to the customer.|
Customer reference can be matched by Full Name, First Name, Company Name, Account NO., Resale NO., Custom Field, Look up (configured via Import Settings)
|Invoice Date||Date||Date of the transaction.|
|Due Date||Date||Date when the payment of the transaction is due.|
|Terms||Text (Max Length: 11 Characters)||Payment Terms|
|PO No||Reference Text||Purchase Order number|
|Ship Date||Date||Date when the item is shipped.|
|Shipping Address Line 1||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||First line of the shipping address.|
|Shipping Address Line 2||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Second line of the shipping address.|
|Shipping Address Line 3||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Third line of the shipping address.|
|Shipping Address City||Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Shipping address - City|
|Shipping Address State||Text (Max Length: 21 Characters)||Shipping address - State or Province|
|Shipping Address Postal Code||Text (Max Length: 13 Characters)||Shipping address - Postal Code|
|Shipping Address Country||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Shipping address - Country|
|FOB||Text (Max Length: 13 Characters)||FOB destination|
|Billing Address Line 1||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||First line of the billing address.|
|Billing Address Line 2||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Second line of the billing address.|
|Billing Address Line 3||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Third line of the billing address.|
|Billing Address City||Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Billing address - City|
|Billing Address State||Text (Max Length: 21 Characters)||Billing address - State or Province|
|Billing Address Postal Code||Text (Max Length: 13 Characters)||Billing address - Postal Code|
|Billing Address Country||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Billing address - Country|
|Sales Rep||Reference Text||Reference to the SalesRep associated with the transaction|
|Shipping Method||Reference Text||Reference to the ShipMethod associated with the transaction|
|Print Later||Boolean (True/False)||Print Status|
|Email Later||Boolean (True/False)||Email Status|
|Memo||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)|
|Customer Message||Reference Text||Message to the customer from the available list in QuickBooks|
|Class||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Transaction Class|
|Product/Service *||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Item reference from below options.|
Item Look up Strategies with Import Settings- Full Name, Custom Field, Look up
|Unit Of Measure||Reference Text|
|Product/Service Description||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)|
|Product/Service Amount *||Decimal|
|Product/Service Service Date||Date||Date when the service is fulfilled|
|Product/Service Class||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Class reference to this line|
|Product/Service Sales Tax||Reference Text||Sales Tax Code to this line|
|Other||Text (Max Length: 29 Characters)|
|Other 1||Text (Max Length: 29 Characters)|
|Other 2||Text (Max Length: 29 Characters)|
|Sales Tax||Reference Text||Transaction Sales Tax Code|
|Customer Sales Tax Code||Reference Text||Tax Code corresponding to Transaction|
|Template||Reference Text||Template reference to this Invoice|
|AR Account||Reference Text||Accounts Receivable account reference to this Invoice|
|Product/Service Inventory Site||Reference Text||Reference to the Item Site|
|Product/Service Inventory BIN||Reference Text||Reference to the Item BIN corresponding to the Site. Should be specified in the Site:BIN format.|
|Currency||Text||Reference to the Currency in which all amounts on the associated transaction are expressed|
|Exchange Rate||Decimal||Default is 1, applicable if multi-currency is enabled for the company.|
The number of home currency units it takes to equal one unit of currency specified under Currency
|Tax Inclusive||Boolean (True/False)|
Applicable only for QuickBooks Canada, UK versions
|Tax calculation method.|
All (*) marked fields are mandatory.
A host of powerful customisations for your file data is available with Import Settings. This is available in the Step 3: Review & Import screen or directly under "Edit" Menu in the menubar. Some of the very useful settings for transaction includes:
- Find Matching Transactions in QuickBooks by: Identifier to locate existing transactions in your QuickBooks.
- Action When a Matched Transaction Found: If an existing transaction is found for the above setting identifier then the corresponding action to be taken. You can choose to Duplicate/ Ignore/ Update/ Append existing transaction in your QuickBooks.
- Pre-Import Validation: Validate the complete file before importing to QuickBooks. By turning this setting ON, file rows will be imported only after cleaning up all the issues in file. This option however will delay the import.
More details about the settings related to Automatic creation of Items, Assigning reference number from the file, etc are available in this article.
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- I want to import Invoices with Invoice Numbers from File. Is it supported?
- Will your application support Multi Line Transactions?
Yes. It will.Same Invoice Number needs to be presented in multiple lines to group the transactions.
- I made some mistakes in the Import and my QuickBooks reports got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert my Import?
It is possible to undo the import completely/ partially with the Delete feature.
- Does your app support taxes?
Yes. It does.
- I don't want to create products automatically for my invoices. I can't create products before each upload. Is it supported?
Yes. It is. You can auto-create unavailable products/ services Or turn this setting off in the import settings.
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement in the import settings.
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample Template
- What are the file types supported by your application?
TXT, CSV, XLS, XLSX etc. Supported File Formats
- How do I report the issues if I am stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to email@example.com