You can import Journal Entries from text files or Excel spreadsheets directly into QuickBooks Online using SaasAnt Transactions (Online) software.
Connect your QuickBooks Online to SaasAnt Transactions (Online) App from QuickBooks AppStore by clicking the "Get App Now" button.
You can get the free trial of the product in the QuickBooks AppStore.
Basic Import Steps
Click on "Upload File" Menu and upload your file.
- Select your file and spreadsheet which has the Journal Entries that you want to import
- Select the QuickBooks entity as Journal Entries
- Set up the mapping of the columns in your Journal Entries import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks (Refer below Section)
- Click Import and your Journal Entries will be directly added to your QuickBooks company
The important step in the import is to map your file headers to QuickBooks field in Step 3 of the import. Some key steps below:
- You need to map your file headers to "SaasAnt Transactions (Online)" fields.This mapping will enable us to import your transactions properly in to QuickBooks company.
- In the mapping screen, we have the "Preview Mapping" button which can help you to visualize your current mappings as per the QuickBooks screen with your file headers.
- Please refer basics of field mappings for more info. If you have any confusion or doubts, feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SaasAnt Transactions (Online) Fields
|Journal No||21 Characters||Reference number for the transaction. By default, this value is used only for internal processing by SaasAnt Transactions (Online), and QuickBooks auto-generates a new value. This can be changed in the import settings.|
|Journal Date||Date||Date of the transaction.|
|Memo||4000 Characters||Organization-private note about the transaction. By default, this note will not appear on the transaction records.|
|Amount||Decimal||Line amount. Debits are expressed as Positive amounts and Credits as Negative amounts.|
|Name||Characters||Customer, Vendor, or Employee associated with the line, if any.|
If the Account is Accounts Payable, the Debit line must have a Vendor.
If the Account is Accounts Receivable, the Debit line must have a Customer.
|Exchange Rate||Decimal||Default is 1, applicable if Multi-Currency is enabled for the company.|
The number of home currency units it takes to equal one unit of currency specified by Currency Code field.
|Is Adjustment||Boolean||Indicates if the journal is an adjustment value.|
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- Will your application support Multi Line Transactions?
Yes. It will. More Info...
- I made some mistakes in the mapping. Your application imported wrongly.So my QuickBooks file got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert?
Sometimes it happens due to the wrong mapping. It is possible to delete the entire transactions which went wrong. Our DELETE feature is the rescue. More Info...
- I want to get an email for each upload. Is it possible?
Yes. It is. You need to enable couple of settings while importing. More Info...
- Does your app support taxes?
Yes. It does.
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement. More Info...
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample template for Imports.
- What are the file types supported by your application?
txt, csv, xls, xlsx files
- How do I report the issues if I stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to email@example.com